For years Google has dominated the internet and more or less held a monopoly on consumer searches. Since “Googling” became a common word in our daily lives, business owners have been trying to crack its code to draw traffic to their websites with SEO. To start with, there is no secret code!
A little about the history of SEO…
If we go back to mid 2000s, to a time when the Google algorithm wasn’t as advanced as now, it was quite easy to get very high rankings in search results by playing with the urls, getting inbound links from random websites (link trading was a thing), and including sets of keywords in the content. However, the Google algorithm getting closer to the human intelligence level by the minute, all these (and many other) practices became a thing of the past.
So, does it mean that SEO is dead?
By definition, the early understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is dead. However, with competition getting wild on the online advertisement-sphere, the importance of improving organic rankings is greater than ever.
So what to do…
Start with an inclusive marketing strategy (here you can find out how we do it at RED) for your brand which covers all the touch points of your brand with your clients.
Make sure you include the following items in your marketing strategy :
- Create a beautiful, lightening-fast, SSL-secured, mobile friendly, and informative website that’s designed to enhance your customers’ experience.
- Create a content strategy and generate regular, engaging, and valuable content that caters to the needs of your audience. Distribute your content across the social media channels.
- Use PPC ads and sponsored posts to get extra exposure to your content and promotions.
- Use social media effectively: share the news about your business, interesting market trends, make your audience a part of the conversation, and listen to them. Encourage them to speed up their decision-making process by using client testimonials, case studies, and videos
- Create loyalty for your brand through quality products/services and excellent customer experience.
Nothing can beat word-of-mouth marketing, engage with your existing clients to turn them into your brand ambassadors.
You focus and build your brand up, and it will bring your search engine rankings along with it.
Are you struggling with your marketing strategy or do you need a second opinion? Book a complimentary consulting session.
What else do you think may have a big impact on search engine rankings? What works best for your brand? Let us know in the comments.
Fatih Ozturk is Founder & Marketing Director of Red Marketing, a marketing consultancy based in Dubai, offering creative solutions to everyday challenges,www.redmarketing.ae